My 90 gal home built

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Yeah, I tried that but it didn't list anything for my area. I did find that TB Aquatics sells it.

My sail fin tang some time today without warning. was happy swimming around since i got it then today I found what was pretty much the skeleton stuck to the powerhead. :tears:

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear about the tang.

I have my autoaqua ATO on my new 50g, loving it so far. Several online vendors are selling it now.

The weird part is me and my buddy both bought one the same day a few months ago and the both died about a week or so apart.

Do I really need to run carbon and GFO. I had stopped using my dual media reactor a few months back to redo my sump and never re installed my reactor. I haven't noticed any difference and my phosphates still indicate 0 ppm

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks good. If your params look good and the tank looks good without running one, you're doing something right. Let your tank guide you. Looks like you have mainly a softie tank so I wouldn't stress too much about excess nutrients unless you start to get overrun with unsightly algae. Those softies may be consuming a lot of it.

Got my Red Sea Coral Colors test kit today. According to the test my Iodine is ok, Iron reads 0 and Potassium I never got the color change with the titration. Maybe that is why my SPS's aren't doing so hot :cry1:. I will do the test again tomorrow and see if I get the same results.

Attempting to make a fish trap. It will be a shoe box size and shape with a sliding trap door. I am trying to get my yellow tail damsels out of my tank. I made the mistake of cycling my tank with them. I have been trying to get them out so that I can add other fish without them being killed. Unfortunately the LFS will only take them as donation, even though they are the ones that recommended I cycle my tank with them. Also, I got my dual media reactor set up again so maybe I will be able to stock to SPS corals with out them dying.

Damsels are gone

I was finally able to catch my three yellow tail damsels the other day and "donate" them to the LFS. However my more timid fish have started coming out a lot more often and the new fish I bought haven't been destroyed in a day. After having them for over two years it was sad to see them go. Learned the hard way not to buy damsel fish, just hope the go to a good home.

Total bummer today that my dragon sifting goby died. I think the problem was that we were only the tank every three days. Yesterday we noticed that he was real skinny all of a sudden. We were hoping we had enough time to feed him more but unfortunately not.