My 55gal FOWLR

Robzilla

Yeah nothing like a good ol project. I'm most likely getting the silicone and cutting the glass tomorrow. I'll make sure I get pictures of everything.

I also named all the new arrivals:
Foxface - Foxy Lady
Lawnmower Blenny - Blenny Kravitz
Orange Back Fairy Wrasse - Peepshow II (the girlfriend was set on the name Peepshow...had to use it)
And of course Puff Daddy is still floating around minding his own business.

Uslanja

Hi Robzilla! Love the names!! Can't wait to watch you build the 38! You won't be disappointed with the eshopps!

Robzilla

Thanks, I'm actually thrilled with the name Blenny Kravitz. When they say the overflow is rated for a certain size of tank, do they mean the DT or total water volume? I have a 55g DT and 93g total volume. Should I get the PF-300 of the PF-800?

Robzilla

Thanks Catran! Not that Foxy Lady is bad, I'm just particularly pleased with Blenny Kravitz. And to think that I was going to call him Meatloaf.....(don't judge me)

Robzilla

It has been too long but here are some bad photos for you guys.

Beginning sump construction:
IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

New arrivals:
IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

New Rock Work:
IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

Robzilla

Excuse the mess...getting the moving process started while doing all of this.

Also, excuse the bubbles as I probably won't have the sump set up to hide everything until after I move.

Last edited:

Robzilla

Thanks, I love these guys. The foxface is finally starting to feel comfortable in the DT, though he gets spooked easily still. I'm waiting until I move to work on the aesthetics of the tank. Right now I'm only focust on the functioning of everything and water quality. I cant wait to have it the way I want it.

Robzilla

I have been slamemd with work lately so there has not been much time to update. All of the fish are used to their surroundings now and getting along great!

I'm not sure what is going on, but my Ammo readings have consistently been sitting at .25 even after 3 straight water changes. I'm trying to find where there could be problems...possibly a dead snail? All other readings are at 0.

Robzilla

Thank you! It will look completely different soon. After I move in a few weeks, I will be making some big changes.

1. Real Reef Live Rock I will be replacing most of my LR with this stuff.
2. LED lighting. I'm looking at BoostLED but weighing all options before I buy.
3. CORALS!!!! No more FOWLR and making it pretty!

Robzilla

So my move date got bumped up to 4/1. Mapped out the tank move, enlisted the help of friends, and am in a scramble for buckets.