My 45 gallon reef rebuild

mosdojaf

Looks like Tuesday the tank gets delivered.

So, wensday, I get to mix the extra water I need , then Thursday start the Move from upstairs to downstairs.

I should only need to mix and match up about 60 -70 gallons of water.

Move my rock into buckets with tank water.

Move fish /cleaning crew into buckets with heater and pump.

Move corals into small tank with pump heater and lights.

Pump out water to move to new tank

Siphon last inch of water of sand and discard.

Move sand to new tank (Sand is not even 5 months old and it is syphoned ever other week)

Add 2 bags new sand.

Move old refugium into sump.

Put live rock in new tank.

Add all old tank water.

Pump in new water.

Let tank settle if it gets cloudy at all

Acclimate the fish/corals

Sit down and watch tank for 3 days)

mosdojaf

Deciding bulb mix for the 90 atm, I have one bLue +, 1 aqua blue , 2 actinics and 2 10k. So for my 4 bulb I am thinking.

Not sure yet I want more a of a blue look in the tank.

so eitther:

10k , actinic , blue plus and aqua blue.

or 2 actinic and Blue plus and Aquablue.

mosdojaf

OK tank is in stand and up, I have connected the sump. I have also leak testd the sump, by pouring 2 gallons of water into the overlfow chamber and watched for leaks. Once salt water is ready. I will move my rock into the containers of newly mixed salt. Catch my fish and place corals in temporary containers with heaters and a low flow pump.

mosdojaf

Tank upgrade went well. Had a small amonia spike, but was able to correct that with a few water changes. Only loose in the whole move was one snail. I will post some picks tonight, Have not put the canopy or new light on yet. Waiting to finish up some aquascaping then they will be put on.

mosdojaf

Just put on canopy and the 380 watt lights. I will have to get a camera that can take a picture. It is to bright for my phone camera.