My $3 Betta~

cioutlaw

Very nice. I bought my daughter the same tank for her room but I think hers is 1.5g. Very nice set up & it was on clearence for $15. She had a Betta in a 3g tank for 3 years & did great tank maintenance so I thought I would step her up to a nano reef but she wanted another betta.

michael_cb_125

Awesome. i am soo glad you gave your Betta such a good home. I have one as well. He is in a 5 gallon tank with 4 guppies. I thought that he would be mean, but they get along great. He is yellow with black tipped scales. I think that one I get him nurtured back to health he will be quite a stunning little fish. ~Michael

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks again for the heater Frankie! :thumbup:
The only plant left is the amazon sword but it is doing very good. :)

Funny thing, the water grew a horrible green algae bloom and it looked like pea soup! I hooked up the 25 watt sterilizer and it cleared the water in a few hours :D The UV was larger than the tank! LOL~ My husband thought I had lost my mind...hehehe
The water flow through the UV is slow so it didn't bother "Fred" at all and did not raise the water temp either!

PEMfish

Frankensteins tank. Amazon swords get to 14" tall and 14" wide. Glad to hear its going fine for Fred.

Emg

You know.....it all started with a betta for me too. My daughter finally talked me into getting one......now....over 200 betta fry and 21+ tanks later.....and branching off into marine/reefs no less................yeah, that 3$ took me for a ride too.... :rolleyes:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
You know.....it all started with a betta for me too. My daughter finally talked me into getting one......now....over 200 betta fry and 21+ tanks later.....and branching off into marine/reefs no less................yeah, that 3$ took me for a ride too.... :rolleyes:

LOL! Let's see some of your pics please :)

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I removed the artifical plant and added three different types of real plants. A "sword plant", a "red rose something" and a "baby something". That's the best I can do :)

Amazon/Brazilian sword, dont know the red, and Baby's Breath(in the water)....

PEMfish

Keep in mind not all 'aquarium plants' are truly aquatic. Some like to grow half submerged. So avoid plants such as Green mondo grass, water palms, and Pongol Sword. As they will slowly rot away in your water.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Amazon/Brazilian sword, dont know the red, and Baby's Breath(in the water)....

Thanks! The 'red stuff' just melted away and I removed the 'baby's breath' because it kept 'shedding' tiny leaves everywhere!

Keep in mind not all 'aquarium plants' are truly aquatic. Some like to grow half submerged. So avoid plants such as Green mondo grass, water palms, and Pongol Sword. As they will slowly rot away in your water.

Thanks for the info. I will try to remember that those should be avoided.

awwww! he looks good!!!! and he is stylish!! look at all that flair for the camera!!! very nice!!!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
It is time to update this thread :)

I changed the gravel to black several weeks ago and do like it better than the red. "Fred" is doing great!

20080420Bettapics025.jpg

20080420Bettapics012.jpg

20080420Bettapics008.jpg