My 20 gallon Build

klok95330

And just a tip, NEVER dose anything that you dont test for. Something I learned the hard way. I'm testing everything this time around.

Lemonpeel

I was just looking at my Montipora frag and it looks like it only has a few polyps on the long branch with most of the polyps around the top where it is starting to divide. Will it be alright? I noticed a patch or 2 of polyps on him, but the rest is kinda dull and looks like a teenager's nose.

klok95330

I was just looking at my Montipora frag and it looks like it only has a few polyps on the long branch with most of the polyps around the top where it is starting to divide. Will it be alright? I noticed a patch or 2 of polyps on him, but the rest is kinda dull and looks like a teenager's nose.

LOLz. Post some pictures

Lemonpeel

Here's a pic of my monti.

DSC00309.jpg

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Your doin fine, just do a few small water changes, and your params will fall in line. High calcium and High alk arent too serious, they will drop on their own over time. If your mag is low, your calcium will be too. most of the time, testing for mag is only done with specific types of corals that use alot of it, only other time is if your calcium drops, and dosing doesnt help. For most thing, a 10+% water change monthly will keep your parameters stable. If you are at all worried, make it 15% and do it every other week for a couple months.

Lemonpeel

Where does everyone get their salt and what brand do you use. I've been using the instant ocean salt. Not the reef salt. Is there a difference between the 2? I've been wondering what type of salt to get, or should I get it pre-mixed at the lfs?

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
If you can making your own salt is best.. I use instant ocean 1.026

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

klok95330

I've used instant ocean before. Having been the only one I did use I can't make too much of a judgement. I'll be doing reef crystals this time and see how it works out. If it doesn't work out too well, I'm going back to instant ocean

Lemonpeel

Thanks guys. I need to go get a bucket of salt in a few days. Is my monti ok? Like I said it looks kinda like a teenager's nose there about midway up the branch.

klok95330

If you take care of it it should grow upward. Some of these guys here should know a little more about that particular coral. I believe it will continue to grow out.