MY 140L piece of paradise

reefle

hey just wondering how does that valentini puffer do with all the corals/inverts? I really want one...

Mr.Reeefer

hey just wondering how does that valentini puffer do with all the corals/inverts? I really want one...

to be honest mate, he is a great fish full of personality and uncanny habits, but if he wasn't my first fish his would be back in the shop with his $40.00 price tag on it.

He won't stop pecking!!! First it was my cleaner shrimp, now I don't know where your from mate but in australia they cost around the $150.00, I had to watch my tank for 3 hours to make sure he didn't eat him because it sure looked like he was.

Then I purchased clams, once again I don't know how much they cost where your from, but the two I bought were $400.00. I have to cover them for a week at a time in my tank so they can come out to feed because the puffer keeps picking at them.

then I put turbo snails in and he starts picking at them and there shell, he leaves them alone now but still occasionally picks at there shell.

my brain corals he's picking at occasionally

Any forms of LPS he will leave alone, it's just anything hard or anything with a shell he will pick at, the worst is the clams.

I have tried to train him, but when I turn my back or leave he will pick again, when I'm looking he won't, he just sits under the rock ledge and gives you his puppy eyes!!!

I'm going to purchase a RSM250 from wolffman who is a member here on RS, so my plan is to move him away from my clams and brain corals, he is my first fish and that does mean something even though I LOOOVVEE my corals, but he was there first and it's my fault for putting too much temptation in front of him.

Not to mention he's my wife's favourite fish, when I tell her his is going back to the shop she gives me those eyes, not her puppy eyes either.....

Hope this helps mate....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Reeefer

fcb43be20cd9142729b5363a1d69218f_zpse63fbe28.jpg

I had to takeout my skimmer as it is working but not working, my water in the skimmer is pretty well clear, so I have taken it out stripped it and cleaned it. I thought I would share my little beast while it is out!!

ziggy

to be honest mate, he is a great fish full of personality and uncanny habits, but if he wasn't my first fish his would be back in the shop with his $40.00 price tag on it.

He won't stop pecking!!! First it was my cleaner shrimp, now I don't know where your from mate but in australia they cost around the $150.00, I had to watch my tank for 3 hours to make sure he didn't eat him because it sure looked like he was.

Then I purchased clams, once again I don't know how much they cost where your from, but the two I bought were $400.00. I have to cover them for a week at a time in my tank so they can come out to feed because the puffer keeps picking at them.

then I put turbo snails in and he starts picking at them and there shell, he leaves them alone now but still occasionally picks at there shell.

my brain corals he's picking at occasionally

Any forms of LPS he will leave alone, it's just anything hard or anything with a shell he will pick at, the worst is the clams.

I have tried to train him, but when I turn my back or leave he will pick again, when I'm looking he won't, he just sits under the rock ledge and gives you his puppy eyes!!!

I'm going to purchase a RSM250 from wolffman who is a member here on RS, so my plan is to move him away from my clams and brain corals, he is my first fish and that does mean something even though I LOOOVVEE my corals, but he was there first and it's my fault for putting too much temptation in front of him.

Not to mention he's my wife's favourite fish, when I tell her his is going back to the shop she gives me those eyes, not her puppy eyes either.....

Hope this helps mate....

Wonder what Kyle would do with that fish?

Mr.Reeefer

Well yesterday I thought I would start working on my aquascaping technique so I purchased some Perspex sheets and rods, Broke up my LR and Drilled it to sit on the rods.....I am quite happy with it, could be better but this sort of thing is definitely best to be done in the beginning rather that later, I was to afraid of die off etc. so I did have to rush it a bit....next time I will be using 12mm acrylic rods opposed to 6mm, and I'll do it in the beginning so I can take my time with it but other than that the new aquascape looks more organised and has opened up room for allot more corals now, before it was looking full of corals now it looks empty...but that photo was taken without polyp extension....I will be snapping a pic of that later to post....I might even head down to the LFS for some more corals....:D
I had to remove some mushrooms of the LR and I thought while I'm doing that I might give fragging a go.....fingers crossed....
Also my overflow is quite noisy and the tank is my my bedroom so I bought all new fittings and piping to adjust my overflow to bring the noise down a couple of db...

Mr.Reeefer

I had some time off today and guess what I did, rearranged my corals...I guess I had too since I have some new purchases...;)

It's now 11:30pm and I have finished for the day, what a better way to finish with a nice water change and some coral glue stuck to my face.

I had a small branched colony of Fluro green tip hammers so this afternoon I split it as you can see below, one of those will be going in the 250 when that's up and running, so will one of those sun corals

df15b724874c8d6db209341f5212834b_zpsb3c8a101.jpg