Moving my tank

Orlando-Jeff

We are looking to replace our carpeting with tile. The biggest issue is how to move my C-130. Any suggestions? I was thinking about using sliders under the cabinet but my aquascape falling down will be a big issue. Anyone ever do this with success?

DaveK

Never ever move a full tank. You got to more or less tear the tank down. Water is heavy at 8.3 lbs per gallon. In your tank, the water alone is about 290 lbs, plus the weight of the rocks, sand, tank and other equipment.The water and rock will slosh around making it very difficult to control.

While there might be someone that actually moved a large full tank, they were really taking a big risk. Don't risk your systems on this.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
When I upgrade my to my RSM 250 (66 gallon) I moved my RSM 130D (34 gallon) cabinet and all... across the room with a $39 truck dolly - I dreaded the move and it turned out to be a simple and problem free 2 min move.

I 1st drained the tank to 3 or 4 5 gallon buckets moved about 1/2 the rock to the buckets and left about 4 inches of water for the fish... if this helps... it's what worked for me... my RSM 250 needed to go in the place my 130D was... best of luck !

30035385.jpg