Moving around frags experimenting with flow +light?

Skywalker

Hi, only been keeping softies for about a year just now building a small reef 75 gallons question is ive been fragging toadstools and xenia and moving the frags and some mother colonies around for different looks and flow mods. Will this hurt the corals? eventually i wiil leave them alone but ive upgraded the lights from 150s mh to 400w mhs and thus things have been shifted around.
IMAG0770.jpg

puffermike

I'm sure some people will say it can bother some corals that have grown out in a way custom to the flow of a specific area but I don't think it will effect your corals that much. I move my frags around a good bit to find out exactly what they like. Wherever they look the happiest is often where I keep them at. By the way very nice rockscape!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
While it's possible you "can" upset a coral by placing it in the wrong place how would you ever know that if you didn't move them around??? I think many of us change things around from time to time so you should be fine. If you see the coral not opening for several day (more softies will pout for a while after any change, flow, light, placement etc) then you can look into making another move.

Your tank looks GREAT! I really like the scaping :)

Skywalker

Not trying to change the subject but noticed these bubbles on the stalks of my xenias. Anything to worry about maybe because ive moved them recently?
IMAG0780.jpg

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Skywalker, :bow: love your rockscaping. :geekin:
Can you tell me what type of rock you have and what bonding/cement product you used to join them?:ponder2::fishy:
YorkieUK.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I wouldn't worry about those "bubbles" on the Xenia. It could be splitting (self propagation) or it could be nothing.

Tank looks GREAT :)

Skywalker

Thanks guys. I just used the instant ocean bonding stick you can get at petco. It cures under water just kneed it with yur hand until its white then it sticks use little bits at a time and turn skimmer off.

Skywalker

Where can i find full tank shot photos? Always looking for inspiration. Tried the photogallery and there wasnt any photos in there. Am i looking in the wrong place?