moon lights on all night?

cindyp

I was wondering do you leave the moon lights on all night? or do you turn all the lights out?

cindyp

ok I was just wondering because the clowns never seem to be still at night they are constantly wiggling around in the frogspawn were as the other fish hover in one spot and dotty and sixline have ther hiding places. thanks guys my lights will be on 24/7.....

Cassette87

I have mine on a timer that shuts them off around 2 am and back on around 6 am. When they're off my clown literally lays motionless cradled in my Ricordea yuma. Im sure it depends on the flow in your tank though as well. Not sure if there's any direct correlation between the lights and his "sleepytime" though.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Moonlights mean more to the aquarist than the fish. I keep mine on 24/7

IME some clowns go so motionless that they look dead, some bob all night. Seems to be an individual clown thing, have never been able to associate it with outside stimulus or species

Sapphire

Ours go on when the lights go off at 10pm and stay on til 3am. Then the tank has no lighting until 12pm whenthe main lights go on.

sambrinar

When the rest of the lights go off, the moons go on and then go off when the actinic come on.. so All night

fivel

mine come on at midnight when my actinics go off and then turn off at 8am when my dining room starts to lighten up from daylight in the house.

Why do some of you leave yours on 24 hours a day when they are obviously washed out when the main lights come on?

Basile

mine come on at midnight when my actinics go off and then turn off at 8am when my dining room starts to lighten up from daylight in the house.

Why do some of you leave yours on 24 hours a day when they are obviously washed out when the main lights come on?

Frankly i never though of shutting them off lol. maybe i should.

fivel

I actually just rewired my new fixture today so my T5 actinics, MHs and moonlights all had their own cord so I could control them with timers. It came with 3 switches and 2 cords and the moonlights and actinics ran off the same cord... so I was happy to fix that :)