Mike's rsm 130d tank thread

Mike1965

So I took a quick video of flow over my corals after mp10 install. This is reef crest mode, 1/2 speed and power head on left side glass in the middle about 1/3 way down from top. Being new to this, I may have too much or too little flow on a particular coral? Or just about right :).. Thanks for looking

Ps...not sure I linked the video the best way through photobucket?

jake9015

Mp10 looks great Mike... And tank is really coming along! I've been researching a bit and think I'm going to either start a new anemone tank or make my current tank into an anemone tank. Im unsure though. Need funds first hahah

Mike1965

Thanks jake, appreciate it. I love Anemones but it will be some time before my tank is established enough but when it is certainly something I want to look into!

Mike1965

Update on mp10. Been a little over a week since mp10 install and what a great addition to the rsm130! Been mainly running it in reef crest and the sand has never looked more clean and white. The undertow just pulls all of the debris to the right side of tank. Right now, I have it a touch more than 1/3 down from top of tank and speed is set one light below half speed. Very happy with purchase. :)

Oh btw, standby for my latest addition, a super easy led light swap out!!! Pics and info to come later today hopefully!

Oh, and happy Easter all!

catran

Mp10 looks great Mike... And tank is really coming along! I've been researching a bit and think I'm going to either start a new anemone tank or make my current tank into an anemone tank. Im unsure though. Need funds first hahah

Jake, you will need to have an established tank for Anemones. Most people recommend a year. They will live (but not thrive) in a newer tank for a couple, maybe 3 months and go straight down fast. By the time you notice its actually bad, it will be too late. When they die, they turn into mush and will contaminate your entire tank and can kill everything in it. Sorry to be so negative, I just want you to have enough info to make a informed decision. I have 5 nems in a 29g tank and 5 in my RSM 130.
Also, they are finicky and I'm having trouble getting them the correct flow in the RSM 130 too. They really are weird creatures!

Cat

Mike1965

Thought I would pop in with a few more updates. A couple weeks ago, I removed the T5's and put in two ecoxotic panorama leds. One is 50/50 white blue and the other is 100% blues. Man what a difference in colors, especially when running just the blues. Corals have colors I didnt know existed! lol. As importantly, the corals seem to be thriving even more so I am guessing they like the light as well. Very easy mod, basically just remove the two T5 and support clips. Attach the led's with included standoff and screws and finished. I left the plastic cover off for now with no problems. This also allowed me to disable fans (ah, no noise!) :)......All in all a mod very very pleased with.
Here are a couple shots. The pics dont come near showing the clearity and colors but still researching good reef tank camera!

tank020.jpg

I am still not sure on aquascape, maybe some here can chime in and give their opinion or ideas?

tank006.jpg

tank009.jpg

I just picked up the clam this past weekend, cant see them clearly but what awesome coloring he has. This is about as far open as he has been so far. Hopefully as it gets more comfortable, it will continue to open up.