Mike's 20 Tall

Msigler

After running for two years my 130 has been taken down and swapped for a 20 gallon tall. I battled Xenia for far too long and it eventually beat me so I decided to scrap it and start over. I made the swap yesterday and so far so good except for one heart breaking fatality. The OH cried when she flushed him. My zebra barred dartfish who I had in the tank day one after the initial cycle got sucked up in the pump that I had in the container with all the corals and fish. RIP Skinny. I am basically using everything I had on the RSM so I only added the tank and I picked up a kitchen cabinet at Lowes for a stand. I cleaned out the sump and removed the sand and tossed all the LR in that had Xenia on it which was most. I plan to add a couple more pieces of LR to the display and change the aquascape to my liking. There are a few thing I plan to do to this aquarium but here it is for now.

The stand before I painted it black.
dc88eb0b.jpg

82851004.jpg

Here is the aquarium today after working all day yesterday to get it all swapped.
c18f3b2c.jpg

cf263252.jpg

543b0fcf.jpg

Msigler

I made a small mod to the stand and plumbing. Cut out a foot or more of hose and I now have the plumbing running straight to the sump and straight up to the display. She's turning over some water now. Ordering a black overflow box from Lifereef to replace the clear one. Gonna do a 5 gallon water change today and bust up some of the big rocks in the sump and add a couple pieces to the display. Then move a couple corals around. All for now.

f4690c31.jpg

d227ab7a.jpg

PIMPALA

Nice!! I like how much room there is around the tank to set stuff on. Thats one thing I wish my stand had was a little shelf or something like what you have there.

Msigler

Yea, I like having the little shelf there in the front. I can rest my head on my arms and just stare right into the tank while on my knees. 90 bucks for the kitchen cabinet from Lowes and it's a way better and cheaper stand that I could have gotten from the pet shop.

Msigler

Broke up some of the rocks and did a little switcharoo in the DT. Took a few pics and a vid. Caught some hermits killing a snail.

6803c252.jpg

b801f2eb.jpg

28abd86f.jpg

Click for vid. My sps didn't like sitting in a buket of water all day when I swapped over but they are starting to come back around.

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
Awesome dude, love the hammer and Frogspawn! I really like the current you had flowing there too!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Msigler

Thanks bro. I am happy with this setup. The hammer is my favorite too. I got it when it was the size of my thumb and now it's the size of a softball. The frog spawn is a super fast grower also. The piece to the right is a frag of it. If you want it you can have it. I need more space.

Stretch

Man if shipping wasn't so high I would take you up on that! The Frogspawn that I have has gone from a single head to 3 maybe 4 in about 8 months. Its bigger than a softball now too.Not sure if that's fast or not...?

I love the color in that hammer. Mine is like a pale pink color with white-ish tips. Cool looking but not near as pretty as yours. It has gone from about the size of my thumb to the size of 2 golf balls. It has 2 heads now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Msigler

Shot a quick phone vid with only actinics on. Wish the colors would show up with the iPhone vids but I guess I'll have to get a nice camera for that. HD is available but I am not sure if it will help with the phone vid.

REEF SPARKS.wmv - YouTube

Msigler

Ordered some corals from Spikes Corals. Arrived looking great. Got a hollywood stunner chalice, rainbow monti, super rain monti, and three birdsnest. He threw in the hollywood stunner for free. He always throws in a free one. Good prices too. Can't wait until monday for an order from Marine Depot. Ordered a Reef Octopus skimmer and a new CPR overflow to replace the bulky Lifereef overflow. Took some pics of the new frags with the iPhone.

7cf763ae.jpg

4d3ff714.jpg

cd1e078b.jpg

dmatt88

I do love the stunner. Grow quick n tolerate lots of different lighting.

Matt leaves out punctuation.