Micro Bubbles?

I seem to be having problems with micro bubbles in my 75 gal reef tank.

I can't figure out what it is. I have turned off the skimmer for a few hours, so I don't beleive it is that. I have checked the tube flowing to the main tank. Can't find anything there. Where else do they come from? Also, could anybody give me a simple and cheap way to get rid of them?

jamielai

I am having a bad problem with micro-bubbles also, but they are coming from my skimmer and some from my powerhead also. I was told about a polishing pad. I think that is something that goes into your skimmer (from what I have read anyway)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
How long have THESE Tanks been set up. Many tanks/pumps will have MicroBubbles for a little while when BRAND SPANKING new! I've had 2 different set-ups that did and they both "settled down" after a couple of weeks. Not ALL systems will do this and not ALL will settle down as they "Break In".

lcstorc

Moving a tank can be just as disrupting as setting it up new.
Try turning off each flow component at a time with a few minutes in between until you find where they are coming from. Very likely a pipe that can be fixed or a baffle that needs addition/adjustment.