Max Nano skimmer noise

Russty

i purchased a max nano on Saturday and got it all set up that afternoon, I have noticed that the noise from the skimmer is really loud, it’s the water from the outlet near the weir I can hear it 2 rooms away.

I have read elsewhere after a brief google that I should adjust the flow of the return pump which will bring the water level up slightly, also moving the sponge above the sock makes no difference, any advice would be appreciated as the mrs is already starting to moan about it.

Russty

Also here’s a photo of the return pump which I have read on google to try and throttle down but I can’t see no adjustment. Help please!!

Attachments

• 52146ABE-103E-4A57-A34A-37E9975F02C4.jpeg
    52146ABE-103E-4A57-A34A-37E9975F02C4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Ian Roy

Hey I just recently set up the same system and am having a similar issue, though I think not quite as bad. Did you come up with a work around?

ogdlow

I have noticed this water fall noise also and it is driving me nuts. I noticed that if i raise the water in the overflow box then the entire tanks water level raises and then the noise goes away. I don't necessarily like to have the overflow box water level running so high. Did anyone find a fix for this??