Mav's Elos Mini

Mavjoy

Thanks everyone, got the water in and the rest of the equipment running! I added a 4th rock(live rock) to the mix just to help seed the tank but it's going out when the tank is ready for my LS. Dosed 1 Prodibio biodigest to help with the cycling process.Got some GAC to help with water clarity. I don't have any light yet so the Rio mini sun led fixture will do for now..lol. I can't wait to get all my LS back inside this tank, hopefully in 2-3 weeks time.

Here are some new pics:

Excuse the mess inside the sump
IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

IMG_8937.jpg

Current FTS
IMG_8938.jpg

IMG_8940.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg

IMG_8943.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

I still need to add some GFO, 2 part and dosing pumps, light fixture and LS.

Mavjoy

Thanks guys! Looking around for a small footprint ATO unit for now, 'cause my ATO as of now is taking too much space inside the sump. I'm looking at the Elos osmo, tunze osmo and Avast marine ato.

catran- I'm glad I went with this tank, the craftsmanship overall is great! My wife loves it too, so that's a very big plus!

catran

Seriously, even the cabinet is nice and looks more like a pedestal to put your work of art. I can't wait to see more. Are you still thinking about the AI LED's? How would you position them?

Mavjoy

Seriously, even the cabinet is nice and looks more like a pedestal to put your work of art. I can't wait to see more. Are you still thinking about the AI LED's? How would you position them?

Thanks catran, I'm leaning more towards the AI fixture and will position it in a horizontal or vertical way, shouldn't matter 'cause of the tank size.

Mavjoy

Moved the 4th rock today and this is what I came up with....not final yet.

IMG_8961-1.jpg

IMG_8966-1.jpg

IMG_8967-1.jpg

What do you guys think? Thanks!

Mavjoy

Thanks Eddie!

I got a new toy for my tank today and can't wait to put it over the tank. It's definitely a well built equipment. I just need to get the controller and the hanging kit or brackets.

Here are some pics:

IMG_8974-1.jpg

IMG_8977-1.jpg

IMG_8980-1.jpg

IMG_8981-1.jpg

IMG_8982-1.jpg

It's the AI Super Sol Blue LED lights..soo excited to set this light up. Not sure if I should do a DIY hanging kit or get the custom mounting brackets with adjustable legs. It's really bright like halides but no heat. Tank is been cycling for almost 2 weeks now and did some testing today. Amm is 0, nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 0. My big 3 is a little bit low(using Aquavitro Salinity salt), so I added some 2 part of 10ml each, it came out to CA 400, ALK 7 and MG 1130, still low. I will continue to add some 2 part 'til I get the desired levels.

Mavjoy

Thanks everyone, finished setting up the light today and got some of my corals transferred.

Here are some pics:

IMG_9002-1.jpg

IMG_9004-1.jpg

IMG_9001-1.jpg