Matts 500 gallon funhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Here is a much needed update. All issues have been taken care of. Pod cave built and corals coming into their own. The vlamingi tang likes the tank.

photobucket-11384-1311536489360.jpg

photobucket-4920-1311535995584.jpg

2011-07-24_15-04-17_392.jpg

2011-07-16_20-13-50_645.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PIMPALA

re: Matts 500 gallon funhouse

my first time checking out your thread.

i've got to say... im WAY shocked that you had corals in the tank the first day, and within a WEEK, you had 3 tangs in there, and not a single one got sick. Lucky must be your middle name!

but the tank looks great now! although im not a fan of the background, it doesnt look terrible... and do you plan on adding more powerheads/flow soon?

dmatt88

I had a 55 salt set up for years fish only. Upgraded to a 125 for about 6 months n ran across a great deal on the 220 so again carried over all the rock n sand n added more to make the 220. Every time I swapped tanks it cycled like new tank syndrome. Now im working to get the reef set up. I've bought small corals n they r growing.

dmatt88

As for flow, I have the two powerheads n the sumps pump. Im debating more flow. What do u think?

dmatt88

player.swf

The wife and I just returned from Atlantis resort paradise island. All serious reefers gotta go, n yes that is a 12 foot wing span.

PIMPALA

As for flow, I have the two powerheads n the sumps pump. Im debating more flow. What do u think?

honestly man... on 220 gallons, i think you are WAY short in the flow department. what size return pump do you have? a small one im guessing by the size of that overflow box and return plumbing. which... can be ok, as long as you have the powerheads in the tank to make up for it. and i really dont think you have any where close to enough with those two. in fact, if you had 6 of them... id still be questioning it. what powerheads are they and how much do they flow?

dmatt88

I have the 4 powerheads 1500gph,1200gph. 2 750 gph and the return pump 2500 gph. N yes I wish I had a much larger overflow. Hell, also wish it was easier to clean.

Sent from Matts DROID x using Tapatalk

dmatt88

Well hell, I made a huge err in judgement. Dont trust your LFS, even your most trusted (Inland Aquatics......) Ich has hit again. Im off to hypo again. However this will give me a chance to redesign the tank.

PICS Please!!!!!!!!! Show me your rock design please!!!!!!

AJK

Tank is a beauty :) Sorry to read ich issue, wishing tank speedy recovery.

dmatt88

Well here's an update. Ich seems to be a non issue. After further examination the spots appeared to be sand on the few fish from an overly excited snowflake eel. I've been focusing on the corals and the tank is really coming along. Photos to follow. Happy reefing!

dmatt88

Water conditions today. Calcium 520. Ph 8.3. Alk 12. 0 trates. Phosphate is negligible. Two thumbs up for Kent marine

2011-08-05_17-25-20_499.jpg

Robzilla

I have it and only had to use it once. That was months ago. Aips go bye bye

Status
Not open for further replies.