marshall the new guy

marshall

just bought and set up top fin 20 gal. i put in included water conditioner and bacteria packages. i put in 3 adult platys after 24 hours(due to my bad habit of not really paying attention to instructions). several people have said that was too early. they seem to be ok, maybe a little heavy breathing. also water is cloudy. any thoughts?

BLADEYAMAHA

agcwelcome29.gif

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thoughts? Ya. Get that fish out buddy. Cycles take a month or more. This is not a plug n play hobby. Sorry.

........the mayor has spoken

dmatt88

Don't mean to sound abrupt but these dudes are under ur care. Gotta take that serious.

........the mayor has spoken

Brandon78

Agree with Matt, I would take them back to the place you got em from and ask if they can hold on to them and tell them your situation, I say this because for one that is really early and I did the same thing, well I waited a little longer than 24 hours but I still added 3 fish wayyy to earlier. Its a miracle that mine made it and it is not a fun feeling when you see them in pain :(

Funlad3

You may not be horribly off here. Assuming that the water is in fact dechlorinated, and you said it was, the only thing you have to worry about it spikes in nutrients. Feed every other day, once a day. Do 50% water changes with dechlorinated temperature matched water every day for two weeks, and see where that puts you chemically. Good luck, and welcome to the Fresh Water hobby. Do yourself a favor. Join the Salt Water side. :)