Maroon clownfish in trouble

bwomble

I have had a a pair of maroon/yellow stripe clowns for 4 or 5 years in a 29 gallon aquarium alone. I have no idea how old they were, both were full adults at time of purchase. The female has had a several health problems in the past and she has been hiding for several days but I got a look at her last night and she looks horrible. Her eyes are bulging badly and her maroon color is no longer uniform like it used to be; areas at the bottom are discolored and don't look right. I don't know how to describe it exactly but the tissue looks like a difference texture as if these spots are either much firmer or softer than the surrounding tissue. A few months ago, she had what looked like a large pimple on one side that very quickly became huge, like a mountain growing out her side. I believed she was going to die then but whatever it was gradually went away. I do not know if this new problem is in any way related the previous problem or is a totally different issue. A few years ago she seemed to have a swim bladder issue where she spent a lot of time sitting on the substrate. Eventually she recovered then as well. The male clown looks totally healthy.

This tank has no skimmer but I do about a 50% water change weekly, have a large quantity of live rock, a Penquin Biowheel 350 filter. Water parameters are always good. Any help would be appreciated.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
sad_smiley.jpg