Mark's Red Sea Max 250 Adventure

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good call on not pushing the skimmer pump all the way in, i played alot with my skimmer adjusting the pump and i finally got it, the skimmer makes much less noise and is skimming better, thanks i think you saved me from buying another skimmer as i was about to give up.

Cool beans, glad I could help!

Mark9

Got 2 new fish, probably my last for now, in the QT
Coris wrasse and red cardinal
cardinal has not come out yet, love the wrasse though.

P1070488_zps1806e4d6.jpg

This totally sucks.
Got home after work, wrasse in distress.
Has a large bump on his right side by the gills.
Instantly treated the tank with Prazipro, he's way too weak for a FW dip.
Fingers crossed.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Mark - Might read up & ask here... on the ^ - here wishing you the best - I am far from the most knowledgeable on diseases, but I know I ready many post saying... be vary careful treating fish in your tank & not in a hospital tank - but again I am not sure on the Prazipro - see what others think & again here hoping he recovers !

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/

I'm trying to get more "wavy" stuff in the tank (as my wife calls them).

I love "wavy" corals too !

Mark9

Hi Mark - Might read up & ask here... on the ^ - here wishing you the best - I am far from the most knowledgeable on diseases, but I know I ready many post saying... be vary careful treating fish in your tank & not a hospital tank - but again I am not sure on the Prazipro - see what others think & again here hoping he recovers !

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/

I love "wavy" corals too !

Thanks for the link.
The wrasse is in a QT tank, not the RSM 250.

YNot

Got a new toy today, the Piranha float by Algae Free.

Those will bite the crap out of your fingers. They work, really, really well.
I place a towel on the outside one just to smooth out and lessen the attraction.

Good piece you've got there.

YNot

Not trying to jack your thread but here's mine.
It's got wavy stuff.

[video=youtube;d5muVDGRmMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5muVDGRmMo[/video]

milaitzia

Hello, Mark,
I love the vision of your RSM. I started mine 6 days ago and still a lot of question. Also have an tunze ato. I put it in the second left chamber and remove the fine filter. In my first left is the black bubble foam.. The black hose which supply with water is in the same second left chamber with the sensors above the water level of course. Is it right to be at the same chamber or I have to move the water supplying hose to other chamber?
Regards,
Militsa

Mark9

Hello, Mark,
I love the vision of your RSM. I started mine 6 days ago and still a lot of question. Also have an tunze ato. I put it in the second left chamber and remove the fine filter. In my first left is the black bubble foam.. The black hose which supply with water is in the same second left chamber with the sensors above the water level of course. Is it right to be at the same chamber or I have to move the water supplying hose to other chamber?
Regards,
Militsa

I really don't think it matters where the water supply line goes.
I didn't snake mine to the far left chamber just because I didn't feel like it.
The important part is putting the sensor in a chamber where the water level will fluctuate with evaporation.
That's why I put mine where the viewing window is.
And remember, ensure the water supply line is NOT submerged, or a back siphon will happen.

Mark9

Hello, Mark,
I put it in the second left chamber and remove the fine filter.

Funny you should say that.
I initially removed my fine filter as it would clog up REALLY quick causing the water level in the viewing window to drop, causing the ATO to pump more water, it was getting hard to manage.
I wanted to run the fine filter and I read where people suggested "lifting" it up 1/2 an inch or so.
I tried that, but it kind of defeated the purpose of even having it.
So... I thought, there has to be a better way.
What i've done, and it took a few tries to get the proper height, is to replace the white fine filter material with the blue filter stuff that I buy in bulk and use in all my tanks.
This is what it looks like. linkhere
I cut it and put it in the fine filter holder up to the top bar.
I replace it every couple days, and yes the ATO alarm goes off when I pull it, but it's just for a minute.
I'll throw up a picture of it tonight when I get home.

Here's the picture of what I did to the fine filter.
Not the middle, 2/3's up. Memory is not what i thought it was.
P1070498_zpsbd76008f.jpg

Last edited:

shadi75

I used that filter media too its really good, it so much better then others, i just ordered more from mediabaskets along with the media basket so i can organize the chemical pure elite and purigen better in the tank. i also bought a submersible light make refuge in the top chamber of the media basket .

Mark9

I used that filter media too its really good, it so much better then others, i just ordered more from mediabaskets along with the media basket so i can organize the chemical pure elite and purigen better in the tank. i also bought a submersible light make refuge in the top chamber of the media basket .

Interesting. Do you have Chaeto in there?
What light did you use?
Any pictures?

Roy Page

Mark,

For your ATO what did you use as a water reservoir ? I have been looking for a 5 gallon square container but nothing found on the web to buy.

Roy

Mark9

Mark,

For your ATO what did you use as a water reservoir ? I have been looking for a 5 gallon square container but nothing found on the web to buy.

Roy

I got this 5 gallon food safe water container at Sportsman's Warehouse. LINK
Looks like there isn't one in Ohio, but you must have a Sporting goods store there.
They had quite a few options for water containers.
I like it because i can visibly see how much water I have, and it has a large screw cap..

P1070410_zps1e0f702f.jpg

Mark9

Moved a frag from my isolation tank to the RSM250.
As I was taking my hand out of the tank, the yellow tang swam over to it and knocked it over.
He checked it out for algae, but in the process knocked it off the rock into a valley behind the frogspawn.
Took longer to find it then the original move.
Fish can be really annoying.

Last edited: