Mantis?

Chimo192

Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell me if this is the mantis haunting my tank. Doesn't seem to have a head, maybe my last dip killed it, well kind of it is still kind of moving

IMG_0235.jpg

David Shaw

Well done Chimo, you got it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wohoooooooooooooooooooo

Yep that's a mantis i am pretty sure of it, i have seen enough of Terry's scary pics to be pretty certain, although i am sure others will chip in.

Now you can sigh with relief !!!!!!!!

Now comes the cleaning and rebuilding of the tank. Well done, no more clicking and your back on your way to a lovely tank!!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That last pic does look more mantis like, and the size of 2.5 inches would sound like a big one. With over 400 mantis species they may not all look physically the same. Hopefully the clicking will stop now!

Dweezil

Chimo ~ I hope for your piece of mind and for your live stock sake that you got the monster. :) I might wait a few days 3,4 maybe 5 to make sure the clicking is gone before you add anything just to make sure. You go Girl!
We shall call you "Chimo - the Great Mantis Hunter"

David Shaw

We shall call you "Chimo - the Great Mantis Hunter"

Loving that! Does that make me "Dave the Demon Tank Cleaner" ?

Chimo192

Hummm I guess my last dip when I made my salinity 46 and my first rock I picked up to re dip in Carbonated water he was just there.

Oh I am not going to put any new livestock in the tank for at least a week. It has made me feel stupid for many months.

LOL at my nic name

Thanks guys, lights go out in 2 hrs

I got family in British Columbia it is only a 30 min drive for me :) I would hate to see such a beautiful creature perish.

If you do not mind shipping it to v4c2h4 I would gladly take care of the mantis.

I will of course cover shipping costs. If Canada Post is still reasonable of course haha