Mantis shrimp

Gaz

Found out I have a mantis. So sorted a new home for it but can't catch it done the trap no good. Lfs said to use sparkling water so found its whole squirted it in and didn't come out. As its only a small rock I decided to do the FW dip with the sparkling water also (thought why not) dropped it in ready to get it out of the fresh water ASAP after 2 mins nothin came out so I put it back in the tank. I've watched it for weeks he always goes to the same place. Now though 2days later I've heard no clicking have I killed it? I hope not I've set up a nice tank for him

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wow, this sounds almost identical to me 1 yr ago. I did all that and unfortunately mine perished. Wishing you better luck. If I had to do it again, I'd sell/give the rock away with the mantis in it. I felt pretty bad because it was such a cool little mantis.

FishinBob

Lol exactly same thing happened to me!!! Got rock seltzer , cold fw dips, everything.... Then I just placed the rock over a bucket and within the hour he crawled out... He's now in a 10 gallon.... The gorilla crabs well that's a different story then seemed to evolve before my eyes and breath air cause I left rocks out over night and then some and they still survived!!

Blue Space

I think that I would've been inclined to move that rock into his home tank and let him be. Hope the little guy is ok...

Gaz

The crafty boy was still alive over a week went by no sound then I heard the old boy... Click!! Looked in the tank there he was? What had he been doing for the past week? Anyways the rock he came with had coral on it which is why I wanted it in main display I watched what's hole he went in grab the rock squirted sparkling water in it out he popped. He's now living in a nice tank all for him!!!

Roots

Yaaay, super cool! Glad it all worked out for you. I would love to get a free mantis shrimp that I could keep in my fuge.

lbiminiblue

upload it to a photobucket account, make one if you don't already have it, and when it's uploaded, you'll see underneath the picture about 4 codes- html code, something else, and the one you're interested in is the IMG code. Copy and paste that code to your post, and the pic will be uploaded

BLADEYAMAHA

agcwelcome29.gif