Mandrin Mole

wigo

Can anyone tell me what this is on my mandrin?
Mole2.JPG

Mole1.JPG

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Can you be slightly more specific?

Where it is?

What it looks like?

How long it's been there?

Is it growing?

Allen :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My bad! I was too quick to post! The pics hadn't downloaded yet! My apology!!

Could it be a sore from a knick or something? Do you have a cleaner shrimp? If so, have they given the "mole" any attention/

Allen

wigo

I have a cleaner shrimp but I have not seen him touch the mandrin. Not sure he would because of the posion he puts out.
I am not sure if it is a knick or not. I am really not sure what it is.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Could it be....

hmmm let's see................

Maybe it's just a .....................

Booger :) Just kidding! I'm sure some of the VERY experienced posters will come through and hit on this and give you MANy suggestions! Other than the booger he appears to be healthy.

Allen

wigo

He is very healthy, that is why I was concerned when I saw the Booger/Mole on his nose. I gave it a week to see if it would go away but it has not. So onto the forums I go.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
This place is a WEALTH of information so I would imagine if someone doesn't have the answer on here within a fairly short amount of time it's the FIRST time this issue has come up EVER :) Don't worry.. I expect you'll have a ton of suggestions and remedies sometime over the weekend.

Allen :)

wigo

Thanks. It was a pain to get the pictures. He runs and hides. I have a vlamingi Tang that just loves being photgraphed so usually he is in the shot at the last second.

Cougra

It's really hard to tell what it could be even with the photos since it's so small. However from the sounds of how quickly it appeared I would recommend that you try doing some research on Lymphocystis. Most of the information that you find will probably refer to freshwater fish however the virus can and does affect saltwater fish as well. It's also called Cauliflower disease because of it's shape when it first appears.