Mandarin

Dnahrgang

Can Someone Tell Me A Lil Bit More About This Guy What Are The Minimums Requirement Of It, Is It True They Only Eat Shrimp? :eek:verhere::eek:verhere:

Great addition to a well established tank with lots of live rock/sand. They eat mostly copepods and worms, so your tank should be cycled for at least 6 months before you add one so there are enough pods for them to eat. However, mine does eat frozen mysis as well. But, I have had others that would not touch frozen foods. Just luck of the draw.

14 may be a bit small. Generally, they would require about 25 gallons or more, as you need enough rock/sand for them to graze on. Where are you in Costa Rica?

Nice! I am fairly familiar with CR. I traveled the country for about 45 days in 2001. Absolutely loved it. I saw my first dart frogs in the CR rainforests and now keep four dendrobates azures along with my reef tank.

Dnahrgang

Wow Dustin That Rocks!!!!, Well Now You Know You Have A Home Here!!!!!!

Place Pictures Of Yours dendrobates azures Pls!

maxx56dog

if it eats or shows interest in brine in the store grab it while you can and continue feeding it that in your tank. mine eats brine and mysis and i try to feed it every day. if it does not get fead prepared food the day of he eats the copeopods.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
To keep a Mandarin long term you need 100+lbs of LR and even if it eats prepared foods these should be considered supplemental food not their staple which is pods as well as other fauna that naturally lives on the LR.

DaveK

It should also be pointed out that if you have a mandarin, you must exclude fish that will compete with it for pods. This includes a lot of wrasses.

Dnahrgang

OMG They Are Amazing Congrats On Obtaining Those Dendrobates Azures, They Look Amazing And Thanks For The Picture!

Thanks guys! I've had them for about four years now. I actually have four, but don't have a pic with all of them on this computer. I will get them together with a better pic of the terrarium too.

PIMPALA

I have a buddy here (who help me set up my tank) that raises dart frogs. he has so many different colors and patterns! they are one of the coolest things ive ever seen.

in fact, i'd probably have a ton of them, if it wasnt for the fact i would have to keep, raise, and feed them those little nasty fruit flies.

A lot of people are scared off by the fruit flies, but if you get the wingless one's, it takes away the "gross" factor. My girlfriend is pretty patient... Hell, who wouldn't want to date a guy addicted to corals, frogs and fruit flies!!! lol!