Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

lcstorc

Sorry :(
I have been a bad reefer and bad moderator. Life just seems to be getting in the way more than usual.
I've been having a battle with varying types of algae recently and had pretty much decided to become one with the algae and just work on keeping it where it is. The corals are all happy and the fish are fine with the exception of the engineer goby who is missing and presumed dead.
Finally this weekend I tracked down a large part of my problem.
Guess what it is? What would be one of the first 5 things I would tell anyone with an algae issue. Check your source water. I badly need to change the filters and membranes for my RO/DI. Once those arrive I am going to get serious. Then I am going to buy some Berghia and get rid of this annoying aiptasia and a new clean-up crew from reef cleaners. That should get the tank back where it should be.
Right now I am too embarrassed to take any pictures at all.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Welcome back. My name is Allen (aka BigAl). :)

Hey holler at Jess (mettjl03) on the . She's growing them in every nook and cranny of her house right now LOL!

You know some people have crabs.... she's got SLUGS!!! ROFL!

lcstorc

Well, I am trying to finally update this thread but Photobucket is arguing with me.
Remember Frank is the photographer so excuse the poor quality
Scrolling Green Tipped Hammer
May2010tankpics003-1.jpg

Scrolling Polka Dot Frogspawn
May2010tankpics053-1.jpg

Green Button Polyps
May2010tankpics013-1.jpg

Scrolling Red Hammer with Feeder out
May2010tankpics015-1.jpg

lcstorc

Al,
Those Polys are everywhere. That is the mother colony but there are two more smaller ones in that tank and another in the 90. They seem to be happy with high or low light but don't seem to like a lot of current.
If you ever get down here, I will be glad to give you some.

marine281

Hi Lynn, I use a program called image shrinker to squish my photos down. You can get it from download.com for free.

Literally done as soon as you click shrink. And you can do full folders in a few seconds :)

I hated using paint to reduce the size of each one!

lcstorc

If I want to shrink them and load them to RS, I use a program called Microsoft Office Picture Manager and the compress feature.
In this case I wanted to link to the pictures in Photobucket so I could get a higher resolution image. It is still giving me fits so hopefully they will fix it soon.

hma

Hi Lynn, just stopping in ;)

Try GIMP , there is not missing much on the quality of Photoshop CS5 and the best .... it's FREE !