Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Lynn! I really dont think you should feel bad, you provide a very well cared for reef and unfortunately #2 didnt make it, a better home would be hard to come across, if not you, somebody else. Karma for better days. Steve

lcstorc

It still stinks. There have been times where I know or at least think it was something I did or didn't do. This one I honestly think was me rushing into a purchase without taking the normal precautions. I didn't have him feed the fish in the store which I usually do. This was a special order and I felt I kind of had to take him regardless. I was pleased with his size but I think he just had too much shipping stress. I have no idea how long he was at the wholesaler but I know he drove across the state to here on Wednesday morning and went into the LFS tank. Then Thursday evening into my tank. I think that was unfortunately just too much for the fish.

I'm just trying to look on the brightside as I watch number 1 swimm around the tank with gaining confidence. It is looking more and more like he is settling in and happy. He is eating great and nobody is picking on him. Not even my six line or the maroon. They both usually give grief to newbies but they seem to be on their best behavior lately.
I got some video that includes both blues but I have to figure out how to do something with it. I have never done any video so I don't even know where to start. It plays on my laptop. :)
Anyway off to experiment.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Sorry to hear of #2 passing :( The stress of acclimating/traveling/and different water parameters can take its toll on fish for sure. I know what you mean about the special orders. I too usually feel obligated to purchase no matter the condition/size/etc. I've gotten much better about stipulating that it must be healthy and eating before I purchase it.
I can't wait to see the video :)

lcstorc

I need to adopt your policy. It really is my fault and next time I promise to be better. Actually I think we are at capacity for fish. The only thing I should be buying at this point are corals. Even with my giant skimmer and many water changes I want to keep an eye on the bio-load. I do have two tangs that are getting pretty good sized.

bluespotjawfish

:cry1:
So sorry Lynn. Wish I could say more that would make you feel better, but I just plain can't. Looking forward to your video. Karma to you too.

blue_eyes53813

Sorry to hear that Lynn... Karma for you... Cant waite to see more pictures of the other one.

Opps sorry I have to spread karma around a little more.. I will hit ya with some later...

lcstorc

Maybe I'll blow up some peeps and make my own video. :)
Thanks for the Easter wishes.
Happy Easter to one and all.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I played blow up the aiptasia peeps yesterday and now have a bumper crop of skimmate, Happy Easter hopping you have lucky feet lol