looks like a ghost shrimp?!?

shero101

Got a hitchhiker hideing in a hole on some LR looks like a ghost shrimp but its only about 4mm long but seems more segmented and worm like (with legs)
Couldnt get a pic as I have only seen it once for a split second :(

Are ghost shrimps a good or bad thing?? And if any may know if what I decribed is a ghost shrimp??

landshark

I don’t think that ghost shrimps are bad for a reef tank, but you will need to post a pic, so that we can make sure that it’s a ghost shrimp and not something else. To get a picture put some food out at night and turn the lights out and use a flash light to look for him. You might have a better chance of spotting him this way.:cool:

shero101

Thanks for the imput guys, I had a look at some google images of copepods and its definatly too long and thin but that led me to Amphipods... Im nearly certain its an amphipod!!

Its ugly anyway and I want it out!! Seems like firefish and gobies feed on them :)
Maybe next week I'll get one those guys

cbrownfish

LOL. You want it out? "Pods" are a natural food source for your tank /fish and they will proliferate over time. Microfauna. Important for a reef tank. Part of your clean up crew actually.