Looking to Travel to the Gulf Coast in December...

Snid

So my wife and I are trying to plan for a vey low budget beach getaway this December. We live in Ohio, so we are planning on flying. problem is, we aren't sure where to go exactly. We've been looking at places like St. Petersburg, Tampa, Naples, Corpis Christi, Porto Rico, Dominican Republic... You name it, we've probably looked. I thought I'd hop on here to see if anyone has any suggestions that might help us with our decision making. We generally want to get away from city life though it can be nearby, don't want to be in a car for more than an hour if avoidable, and pretty much want to be right on a beach where we can be lazy and in the warm sun just by walking out the door.

Snid

Cool... I briefly looked at Sanibel Island. It is a definite possibility. Thanks!

Loganx

Has been struck by the ban stick
i recommend you to go Yempa. it has many attractions and things for doing.It is famous for its Tampa Theatre,Sunshine Skyway Bridge,The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts,Tampa Bay Times Forum,Lettuce Lake Park,Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center,Bayshore Boulevard and Busch Gardens.. i have visited Busch Gardens in my us west coast bus tours last year with my friends.it is a cheapest place and beauty spread everywhere.