Looking for ATO for 130D

magnum

Hi, I am looking for an ATO that I can buy or build for around $100. Does anybody have any suggestions? I saw the Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off. I would rather hook up something that runs strait off my RO unit and eliminate the pump if possible. Running off a pump my be a little safer in case of a malfunction.

magnum

Thanks I was looking at the pros and cons of doing it both ways. I would try to rig up some kind of fail safe if I run direct. I would like to hear what other people are using.

magnum

I got it! I can hook up an ATO to my RO unit ans just plug in into a timer to run 15 min per day. I did the math and if it was to fail I would only dump 1.2 gal into the tank per day. if i used the pump in a bucket I could dump 5gal in one shot that would be more likely to wipe out my tank. I may even be able to get a timer that runs less then 15 min.

slfcaptain

I use the tunze 3155 ato on mine. It works great and has been very reliable. I have a 5g container to store the RO water and top it off as needed.

steve

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm running my 130D like Steve with a Tunze 3155 ATO. Have been for a few years now and love it :)

Regina

I use the JBJ ATO. I love it. What a difference in keeping the tank water level stable. I use a 3 gallon rectangle water bottle that is used in refrigerators. You can get them in Walmart. I have my top sensor in the skimmer section and I pump the water into the return section.