Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parasite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worm

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Redbubble00

Hello everyone
I notice this long white worm in my tank that was going from the inside of one rock to another. It looked headless to me and the tail end of it was kinda reddish.
How do I get rid of it and what is it ?

IMG_1138.JPG IMG_1137.JPG

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
yes - think of him as an earthworm of the sea - can get back in rocks and eat debris where other members of cuc can't reach

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

DaveK

Yes, it's a bristle worm. The question comes down to how large is it? You might want to remove large ones. I would consider a large one to be over 5 inches. I once removed one over 2 feel long from my tank.

As pointed out, don't handle them with your fingers. Always use a tool like thin nose pliers or tongs.

Redbubble00

Yes, it's a bristle worm. The question comes down to how large is it? You might want to remove large ones. I would consider a large one to be over 5 inches. I once removed one over 2 feel long from my tank.

As pointed out, don't handle them with your fingers. Always use a tool like thin nose pliers or tongs.

This one was about a foot long . It went in to a big rock. My only solution was to remov the rock out of tank for it to fall out