Long time follower, first time poster

yellowmoose

Hi all!

So I've been following the forums here for several years now. I started with a 20 gal and have graduated to a gorgeous RSM 250. It's been up and running for almost 2 years, and after following so many threads ive decided on trying my luck with some upgrades and corals! I also ordered a current USA marine led light system thats due anyday. Can't wait!

Last edited:

Snid

Welcome Aboard, Matey!

I have the Current Orbit LED system... Pay close attention to what corals you can use under those lights. They aren't super powerful, so there are some limitations. They have a good chart for what should work and where it should be placed...

Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.jpg

yellowmoose

Thank you so much for the welcome and the excellent information! Exactly why I knew I had to join in on the fun here. My tank is running hot with the t5 stocks, and rather than dump more I to temporary bulbs or go crazy with a chiller, I went with the leds. But I'm aware that they have limitations. Anyone have any advice as to which corals (personal experience advice) that would be good to get my feet wet with?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello YellowMoose :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to being a Member @ Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Glad you signed in...Look forward to seeing more posts & pictures of your tank.
Very BEST WISHES....:biker

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

yellowmoose

Thanks guys! I gotta do some reading up on how to start a tank thread, as I'm not very tech savvy. But id like to chronicle my led upgrade, my first shot at growing coral, and of course show off my babies!