Local fish store

Pissed off put a deposit down a a redsea regal angel beautiful fish nearly 3 weeks ago fish was not eating so I wanted to wait until he started eating better owner agreed with me. Went there today to pick up the fish. The fish was eating much better today very well had them bag the fish up to go. Owner tells me he raised the price of the fish because it was eating better. I asked him was he out of his $%#@&*% mind. Shady busniess. I will not do business with them anymore.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
KUDOS to you! That's complete BS! Once you put money down that's as good as a handshake IMHO!

They don't deserve your money!!

bllfish

Pissed off put a deposit down a a redsea regal angel beautiful fish nearly 3 weeks ago fish was not eating so I wanted to wait until he started eating better owner agreed with me. Went there today to pick up the fish. The fish was eating much better today very well had them bag the fish up to go. Owner tells me he raised the price of the fish because it was eating better. I asked him was he out of his $%#@&*% mind. Shady busniess. I will not do business with them anymore.

What is the store name so others know not to waste their time or money.

jnohs

wow that would piss me of. but he was probably trying to get rid of you for good. If i owned a store and some pain in the but dude was dangling a purchase in my face for 3 weeks I might act that way also.

With that being said what a punk that guy is. I do understand what and why u waited.

This pain i the but dude is not going to pay 200 dollars for a fish that going to die the next day because when I bought it it was not eating I want to make sure at that price I'm getting a health fish.

BigJay

ROFL.. he might as well have a sign up that says sick might die fish are always discounted, but if it for sure is going to live we have to charge you double. Btw anytime you have a shady seller like that feel free to post all contact info and email. I'll gladly spend 5 minutes of my day to let them know how I feel about it.

my point when the fish was not eating he was not willing to lowwer the price. The fish was already little pricey but I have been searching for one for nearly a year

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Time for a NEW Fish Store!! Places like that almost justify Internet Shopping...

My B-day was AMAZING! thanks for asking :)

Cassy

I don't understand why pll don't know how to treat customers. I went through 4 fish stores before I found a good one

Sorry to hear that. I would probably go overboard if my lfs done that by putting someting out in the local papers. :lol:

But that was very shadey of him raising the price of the fish since a deposit was placed for the fish, especially when you want to make sure the fish is eating.

twoclowns

The sad reality is that many stores are that way, they would rather hold out for that extra few bucks then sell an item for a few bucks less and make a customer feel appreciated and buy from them in the future.

I have a store near me that the people that work there are so arrogant when I approach them about the possibility of selling them frags or for trade. They told me "we have a guy here that does that and we don't want tiny frags". He didn't even bother to inquire what I had and sizing, which is fine but the way he came off is that they are pros and I'm a nobody. The corals that I was looking at was a dendro that he had, they wanted 150 for 2 1/2 polyps and when I say 2 1/2 the half was because his guy that already does that doesn't know that you should use a cut of bit to cut heads cleanly so you don't lose heads, they told me they used a chisel, and smashed the crap out of the coral. He wouldn't lower the price ( I would bet that that head didn't make it and I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 heads died.) sorry just not all that interested in taking a chance on $150 butchered frag. Sorry for the vent but man I can't stand some of these rip off stores and their attitudes.

I feel for you can't believe they upped the price on you like that.

BLAKEJOHN

I had a similar deal with a LFS. I asked about trading or selling frags and helping them with thier tanks (It looked like they bit off more than they could chew) part time with payment in coral. I asked because his frags looked horrible. I talked to the owner and his response was the same "we have a guy for that", (thinking to myself "well he aint very good"). I found out later that it was the kid he has working for him. While I used to frequent the store I learned from the kid that he didnt know all that much. SO I dont go there much anymore, only in situations that call for a needed Item that noone else has and I need it now.

BigJay

speaking with your wallets is about the best thing you can do. Either the stores get the message and change or they eventually will fade out. Theres a constant flow of the uninformed that keep most new stores going but after a while it will catch up to them.