Live stock identification ressource

madcaptains

Hello,
Here is something I am working on. This is a blog about live stock identification. There is still many missing species but I thing this can be usefull to some of us. Here it is: Aquarium Life

Hope that will help someone.

madcaptains

Hello,
I now have a problem with pictures: I'me out!
I like to have a picture of all species so I might have to slow down a little until I get new ones.
If any of you have pictures of fish or inverts that are not listed on my blog, I would be more than happy if I could use any. If someone wants to help me with that, simply send me a PM.

Thanks!!!!

madcaptains

Thank you for the comment!
I like the movies to. Pics are nice but videos are even better!

There is something I would like to do with movies:
we often say a species need low, medium, strong, etc current. When we say to someone that his coral will require a medium indirect current, what does that tell him? This can mean something different for everyone.
I think videos could be a great way to show what it's like. This could be an anemone under different flow rate or something like that. I don't have a video camera so I'll have to look around on YouTube.
Do you think that could help?

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
I think videos could be a great way to show what it's like. This could be an anemone under different flow rate or something like that. I don't have a video camera so I'll have to look around on YouTube.
Do you think that could help?

Yes I do think it would help

madcaptains

All right then! I'll look on YouTube and will try to find videos. I'll post them here so people can help me figure out how to call each rate flow!
Thanks

Frankie

RS STAFF
Cool Site Madcaptains!
I like the video idea also. I would try and find them without sound in the background though. That anemone one has an underwear commercial for a sound :)
I really like the T.Gigas link. That one at the bottom is very nice. I will try and do a video of mine for you later in this week.

madcaptains

Thank you for your feedback.
I know the sound can be quite bad on many video. When possible, I try to chose videos without sound. If you have a video, I'll use it for sure!

Thanks again

madcaptains

Forget about my previous post. I tried to show a few videos from Youtube but it did not worked.

BTW, for those of you who like contests, there will be a saltwater aquarium photo contest on Aquariumslife. Submission can be send from December 1 to the 23rd and there is some nice cash prizes for the winner. All the info are on the site.

reefracer

Hi Mad, great site thank you for taking the time very helpful and informative and will great one of my regular rescources keep up the good work as your fellow reefers will really beifit!

madcaptains

Hello!

I just want to let you know that Aquariumslife's first photo contest is now open! Simply submit your saltwater related picture to run the chance to win one of our great cash prizes. You can find more information about the contest here

Good luck!