Little yellow guys...

Thespivster

Ok. I thought majanos were a little bigger. These little guys are only 2mm across. The tentacles are only along the edge. If they are, I should be looking to zap 'em right?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Epictofer

they kind of look like aiptasia, but its hard to tell from that picture and im kind of a noob so who knows lol!:bouncer:

Thespivster

I have 2 aphasia in the tank right now and I'm just waiting for the 2 peppermints to find and eat them. These little guys have remained small (2mm) and have not actively reproduced. I will try to get a better picture tonight.

Uslanja

We have a bunch of those in our tank as well. We noticed them downstream of our green palys and so we thought that they might be spreading. But they haven't grown any in size over the past month. And now you have posted a photo of something that looks similar, we're now very curious as to what they might be!! Good question, hope you get an answer.

Thespivster

I hope so too. They just don't look like anemones. Their tentacles are all along the edge, not all along the top. They haven't grown at all. They don't exhibit anything that I can see regarding majanos.

MantisMan

hard to tell and I also am no expert... but it could be tube worms (highly doubtful tho) Considering if they just "sprang up" and how close they are my money is on aips.

mgraf

They are mojanos. I had them for a while. Started out got them from lfs on piece of rock. They were cool green with red tips. They stayed put for quite awhile, then they began to split and found little ones every where. I got them all out one by one. Aptasia x works on them.

Uslanja

Here is a shot of the ones we have. They are easy to see under the blue lunar lights when the halide is off, when it is on we can't see them.

IMG_6365-copy_edited-1.jpg