Lights.

ronfox

Could someone please tell me what the 6 white leds are for on the Current Sunpods and when they should be used? Thanks.

tbittner

They are moonlights. Does it also have blue leds? Turn the leds on at night to give just enough light so you can see what is going on at night.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I leave my LEDS on 24/7. I like to be able to get up at ANY time day or night and see what's happening in the tank. Some people put them on a timer for a few hours after main lights out.

ronfox

Ok, I think I understand. The blue lunar and white leds work together? So I could put them on a timer set for an hour or so before the main light comes on and then an hour or so after to simulate sunset and sunrise? The main question I have is that the all the leds, blue and white, work together at the same time? Thanks.

kellis

most people leave on the moonlights all night and turn them off during the day when your main light will be on.

dobejazz

Ok, I think I understand. The blue lunar and white leds work together? So I could put them on a timer set for an hour or so before the main light comes on and then an hour or so after to simulate sunset and sunrise? The main question I have is that the all the leds, blue and white, work together at the same time? Thanks.

The blue and white LED's have seperate plugs I leave the blue on 24/7 and the white come on an hour before and after the MH

burning2nd

My blue and white LEds on the sunpod.. on the 5g run from 7pm-2Am and then ageain from 4:30Am-7:45Am This way my tank is lite when im around to see it....

and the tank gets a true dark time...

my big tank (also a sunpod) is on all the time.

ronfox

I never thought about that. A true dark time. When you think about, the moon is not always out and full every night. Thanks again. I will take all this into consideration and come up with myfinal plan. Not to get off track, but do you let protien skimmers run 24/7 ???

burning2nd

i Do several people do.... some turn off dureing feeding, some turn off at night..

others turn off while at work... so i dont know what the right anwser is there...

i think it has a lot to do wiht your system and equipment...

im not afraid of skimming good stuff and bad stuff... or "over skimming"

others are

lcstorc

Moonlights come on after the other lights are out here.
I also skim 24/7 except for a few minutes when I turn the pumps off for feeding.

dobejazz

I never thought about that. A true dark time. When you think about, the moon is not always out and full every night. Thanks again. I will take all this into consideration and come up with myfinal plan. Not to get off track, but do you let protien skimmers run 24/7 ???

You can use another timer and run the blue leds a few hours before and after the white and MH if you wanted - I ran out of timers and outlets.

As for skimming my 24g and 5.5 g don't have skimmers and the 95 the skimmer is on 24/7