Lighting schedule

sneaks03

So I am looking to adjust my lighting schedule, because I would like the lights to be on more when I am at home. However, I would like to be able to feed the guys before I leave for work at 8am on feeding days. I get home around 6:30pm. How do you guys run your lights and any suggestions on a lighting schedule? Would it be bad to turn on the lights for an hour at 7:30am then have them go off and com on at 2pm for 7hrs? Open to any ideas on this. Thanks!

BobBursek

My actincs come on at 11am MH at 1pm till 7pm then the actinics till 9pm, I feed in the dark in the am, fish will find it, usually I feed at night when the lights are on but still give a sprinkle in the am once in a while.

framerguy

Your room lighting will be enough for feeding your fish if you need to do it in the morning. Set the lights to come on for viewing while you are home. My T5's come on at 11 and go off at 11, MH's are on for four hours from 5:30 to 9:30. You could shift your feeding time to the evening, the fish will be fine and won't care one bit. If you need to feed twice a day then feed with room lighting in the morning. I think it would be best not to turn on the lights then turn them off again.

cbrownfish

Dawn to 11am - Ambient light
11am to 9pm - Halides only (250W P14K DE's)
9pm to 10pm - Actinic T5's only
10pm to 2am - White/Blue LED moonlights only
2am to Dawn - All dark

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
11am to Noon - Actinics Only
Noon - 8pm MH's +ACtinics
8pm to 9pm - Actinics only
24/7 White/Blue LED moonlights only

Here's the same thing written differently

11am Actinics ON
12pm MH's ON
8pm MH's OFF
9pm Actinics OFF
LED moonlights on 24/7

In addition to the above schedule I have my Fuge light

On 12 hrs a day

ON at 9pm
OFF at 9am

sneaks03

I will try adjusting the lights and see how ambient light feeding will work and run my lights from 2-10pm see how that goes.

miaskies

If you want, you can change your lighting schedule and they will adjust to it. Technically, if you wanted to, you could have your lights come on at noon and go off at midnight, it's all up to you.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
If you want, you can change your lighting schedule and they will adjust to it. Technically, if you wanted to, you could have your lights come on at noon and go off at midnight, it's all up to you.

That's pretty much how I have mine set up!! Or at least close to it.

chipmunkofdoom2

Yeah, I used to have the lights on what I thought was a "regular schedule". Turns out with work and school, that left me no time to look at my tank! So I set the lights to come on around noon and turn off right before I go to bed.