lighting question

BLAKEJOHN

Just about any LPS (excluding an Elegence coral) or soft coral. No clams or SPS and I wouldnt suggest to keep an anenome either. You would have what would be considered medium light. Any LPS that requirs a higher amount of light would need to be near the top.

1Reefer

I was thinking 4 as well, I use to run that fixture and it worked alright with "good" bulbs (geissmans) -sp- but I didn't have any sps other than a few monti's up high.

WVUReefer

I respectively disagree..I have a N.E.P. on my 65g with ATI bulbs, and am currently keeping anemones and clams just fine..

bamaboy

thanks for the replys, I was hoping to keep sps, clam and mabye an anenome when I am far more experianced, but for when I first get the tank I mainly want stuff like zoanthids, ricordea, mushrooms, xenia etc. I just whant to get a good fixture now and not have to upgrade when I'm ready for more demanding livestock.

Yes, the NEP is 6x54.

thanks for the replys, I was hoping to keep sps, clam and mabye an anenome when I am far more experianced, but for when I first get the tank I mainly want stuff like zoanthids, ricordea, mushrooms, xenia etc. I just whant to get a good fixture now and not have to upgrade when I'm ready for more demanding livestock.

Yes, the NEP is 6x54.

Lol, you could keep those types of corals with a shop light you buy at Home Depot.

jfourn

Big al I always see u pushing the catalina t5 fixtures ...... They seem well built and pretty good..... Any input on there retro kits?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Big al I always see u pushing the catalina t5 fixtures ...... They seem well built and pretty good..... Any input on there retro kits?

I only have 1st hand experience with their fixtures. I'd guess that their whole product line is well built since they have such a strong reputation now.