Lighting Question, or Opinions rather.

heteloto

Hello All!!!!

Im am a noob at all of this and im sorry for the stupid questions. I used to have a smaller reef tank and had to move and lost some of the live stock. Decided to wait a while before starting a new one. I am in that process already.
90 gallon, with a aqueon proflex ref, i plan on grabbing a reef octopus and I had a question about lights.

I want to keep a nice mix of LPS and SPS and clams as well as some beautiful fish. (thinking about keeping it region/climate specific)

I am torn between Aquaticlife T5 HO 6Bulb, and the Corilife Aqualite with the MH.

Anyone own any of these, or have an opinion on either?

Im leaning towards the Corilife at the moment but want to ask this wonderful forum!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I have an aquaticlife with MH and T5's and it is a good solid fixture with built in timers which is nice. You will need plenty of light with the corals you want to keep.

brandon

I would go with the metal halide. I used to have t-5 but still had some trouble with sps holding their color.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've got the Aquaticlife 12 t5 with leds. Its been reliable n well made. Only issue is the night leds have a 6 month shelf life n they burn out.

,....stop reading this. it's a sign off like roger that.