Lighting on Frankie's 120 gal.

hma

once again ...really cool lights .... How many T5 would you add and what color ? Arctinic only or also daylight ?

I like light-temperatures between 14,000 - 20,000 Kelvin, the coral will have great colors.

Frankie

RS STAFF
With the 12k 250watt reeflux MH's on you don't even know there are 4 actinic T5's on also. I use the T5's for sun up light two hours before the MH's kick in. And two hours after the MH's kick off. I am going to switch two bulbs out with the 14k T5's though. It's just to blue in the morning for my eyes :D
I am experimenting at the moment hma, so any advise is welcome!
BTW, How do you like my German bread pup on pg. 2? :) Thats my best buddy. Sitting next to me right this moment.

hma

With the 12k 250watt reeflux MH's on you don't even know there are 4 actinic T5's on also. I use the T5's for sun up light two hours before the MH's kick in. And two hours after the MH's kick off. I am going to switch two bulbs out with the 14k T5's though. It's just to blue in the morning for my eyes :D
I am experimenting at the moment hma, so any advise is welcome!
BTW, How do you like my German bread pup on pg. 2? :) Thats my best buddy. Sitting next to me right this moment.

Ein Weimaraner hihi .... coool , thats a real good hunting dog. :snshne:

You are right, only 20k light is blue .... But in addition to the MH OK, I think.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well i haven't updated this thread in a while! Before i post whats new with my lighting here is a link to a report on my reflectors. Very exciting news on them! Reefkeeping's Product Review - Reefkeeping.com
I changed out my Reeflux 12k's with Guiesmann 13k's and did not like the look. they were much whiter then the Reeflux. I always wanted to try 20k Radiums and got those. I will keep the brand new Guiesmann's for back ups. I love the Radiums! Very strong not to blue and the corals are reacting positively to them. Big time. I never thought to see my corals color up so much. I need to get my buddy over with his $1000 camera and get some pictures for me. My camera just can't cut it. Thats all for now. Be sure to check out that link i posted if your shopping for reflectors. Lumen Brites just might be the ones for you!