LFS Smell in my house

Charlie97L

thanks all... i did the kalk thing, and it has really cut the smell. now it's just humid.

would running a dehumidifier just speed up my evaporation rate?

BoomerD

Well, yes it will...to a point. As the air gets drier, the tank will evaporate more...

I bought a Whirlpool 44 pt dehumidifier a couple of years back. Worked very well, but it was noisy as hell, and drew over 700 watts! I put up with that for a few months, then, as I got rid of tanks, I took it back to Costco for a refund...

Charlie97L

yea. i just want to cut it JUST a bit. my room has poor circulation. the tank heats up the ambient on the 2nd floor pretty well.

i'm just looking for an inroom solution to this one to bring the temp down a little, and the humidity. and i really don't want to have a box fan in my door all day. ha.

i'll be fine once we start running the a/c again, but for now it's a pain.

BoomerD

OK, FINALLY! I KNEW I had a link to an electrically efficient humidifier...I just couldn't find it...
http://www.sa-dehumidifier.com/index.htm
28 Pints per day
Up to 2000 sq. ft
110 Volt 60Hz
260 Watts at 30º

My plan was to buy one of these, but, as mentioned, I took down my tanks, so didn't need one anymore.

Edit...crap...they've been discontinued...for now...planning a new line. :(

mps9506

Charlie97L said:
hahhahaa oh mike. you'd hate me if i told you how much i paid for it too. :)

i'll sell it to you when i upgrade to a 701. mmmkay?

NP. My buddy bought a deltec about two years ago, I was gonna shoot him for spending that much on a skimmer. But can't argue with the build quality or customer service he received from them.
I have to stick to the ER's for now, much closer to my budget :)

Charlie97L

no no, i LIKE that smell. this was like. fish poo beating you in the head with a bat. now it smells more like the keys. LOL.

i can't put anything in the window... my HOA has rules about window mounted A/C units in the front of the house.