Lexinverts' Red Sea Max 250

Lexinverts

For those of you that run the Red Sea Reef Spec bulbs, what combination do you use for the RSM250? Just 2 of each?

2 REEF-SPEC™ BlueWhite 15000K
2 REEF-SPEC™ Actinic 22000K
2 REEF-SPEC™ Pink

RedSeaKev just sent me the recommended RS Reef Spec combination for the RSM250:

3 REEF-SPEC™ BlueWhite 15000K
2 REEF-SPEC™ Actinic 22000K
1 REEF-SPEC™ Pink

I'm going to try out this combo.

Lexinverts

Water change time!
I'm transitioning to Red Sea Coral Pro salt with the hope that I will be able to keep my alkalinity higher. My corals have been pulling my alkalinity below 8 unless I dose 2x per day!

Lexinverts

Check out this symbiotic crab I spotted in a scrolling Leptoseris:

Meanwhile, my clowns continue to desperately try hosting in my clump of Euphyllia:

Here's a shot of a cool pink chalice. This thing has been getting more colorful since I bought it:

Lexinverts

So I've transitioned to Red Sea Coral Pro salt over 4 water changes during the last 2 weeks, but my alkalinity was still down to 7 this morning. I think it is time to order some dosing pumps. As I've added SPS, they've been sucking the bicarbonate out of the water like crazy!!!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
LOVE than monti mate!! I've just started my venture into encrusting monti's and that is one heck of a specimen :yup: Tank is looking wicked too :)

Lexinverts

Here's a video of the tank during feeding time. I just added another magnetic shelf from thefilterguys on the right side of the tank.