Lemon peel angel fish.....

Shagon

Is it reef safe. I was looking at one at the lfs and that fish is just gorgeous. The lfs owner said it will mow down my zoas.

Do any of you guys own one? And what are your thoughts on this wonderful fish.

JandR

I feel you on this one!! I love the Lemon peel angels I have seen, they are so pretty and I also have a reef tank which is supposedly a no-no. But I have been hearing alot of people who have had good luck with angels but also people who have not. Angels seem to be on a fish by fish thing you cant really compare all of them. What I have been thinking of doing is talking to my lfs (where the lemon peel is) and seeing if I can buy him and if he because a non reef safe inhibitant then bring him back for store credit. I have just heard so many people say they have always had angels in thier reef tanks it make me feel like you cant just count them out. But knowing my luck he probably wont be reef safe. LOL just my 2 cents.

I had a angel in my tank, and he did good for awhile...then one day he started eating my corals...it took forever to get him out of my tank and the damage he did wasen't worth it!!! There are certin tangs out there that don't get ich as easy as others, my yellow tang has never had a problem with it. Just talk to your lfs person and see what they say.

GrendelPrime

ur lfs seems pretty decent for advising u against the angel, they usualy say everything will be fine..i always error on the side of caution when mixing fish and coral and like stated above there hit or miss, guess it depends on how much u want the fish and how little it will bother u if the angel starts helping it self to the coral

ur lfs seems pretty decent for advising u against the angel, they usualy say everything will be fine..i always error on the side of caution when mixing fish and coral and like stated above there hit or miss, guess it depends on how much u want the fish and how little it will bother u if the angel starts helping it self to the coral

Agree

89Foxbody

It's always better to go without the fish rather than bank on the chance that it will be compatible with your tank. Sure, a 2' moray eel might not eat your fish, but he might...why risk it?

Some angels are worse than others.

David Shaw

I used to have a Lemonpeel and it never once bothered any corals whatsoever.
Each fish has their own personality so it's down to that in the end i guess.

I have actually just got another one and so far it has left all corals well alone and ignores the other fish unless they get it his way then he lets them know :)