Lego mosaic

carlfike

So my wife, who's very artistic, and myself who loves legos are thinking about doing some lego mosaics of popular fish and coral. Do you folks think we'd be able to sell them? They are pretty cool when finished. Only problem is they take forever to make and are kind of expensive.

Pat24601

I don't know what sells and what doesn't, but it sounds cool. Have you ever done it before? Do you have pics?

carlfike

I haven't done it before. I have seen it done. I am in the process of getting things planned out for a small one. The legos alone will cost $300-400.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'm thinking it would be beautiful but the cost would eliminate most buyers.
So if you do this, post lots of pictures & be prepared for keeping it yourself.
That would be my advice anyway :rolleyes:

My granddaughter L:heart:VES Legos :) I've bought several sets as gifts per her request, They are VERY EXPENSIVE and at age 7 it takes her seemingly no time to put them together & she is ready for the next one out :biggrin:....
Maybe you could sell it for display at LegoLand :ponder2:
Here's my granddaughter when we went there:
image.jpg

carlfike

That's an awesome picture!
Ya I'm not trying to make a killing or anything just recover costs and maybe a little bit extra. I think the lego mosaics look awesome when they are framed.

carlfike

It has begun. Lot more time consuming than I had imagined lol.

Attachments

• 11692710_10153485272898064_6191751602680549063_n.jpg
    11692710_10153485272898064_6191751602680549063_n.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
T93VcAH.jpg

:clownfish:

StirCrayzy

Holy crap Can't believe how much cost in the Lego's!
If not for that, I'd be tempted to make one myself.
Reminds me of Chris' avatar @Blue Space.

Was trying to picture the scale of it.... I assume those markings around it are centimeters?

carlfike

Was trying to picture the scale of it.... I assume those markings around it are centimeters?
The markings are actually peg position. I mapped it out on a prog

The markings are actually the peg positions. Mapped it out in a program I made and then put it together.

The cost is kinda crazy. My wife and I are actually starting a small business doing this. Brickpixart.com should be up and running in a few weeks. We are working on several other mosaics. The starwars one is quite impressive.

We plan on selling the originals but also having high quality reproductions made that we can sell for less. The original will probably be priced at around $1600 with the prints around $100. That seems to be the current market.

Also we can do special requests. Any picture you want basically. We only ask that we can get the rights to sell the prints afterward.