LED's on the way!

RDrink25

Order mine from Modular LED and should be here next week. I also got the dual dimming channel controller from them, can I still use that in line with my stock timer?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I haven't seen that exact set-up but if it's wired like I think yes. Send Martin a message and make sure :)

ausreef

yes i have that setup and the dimmers work with the stock timer,so wherever you set the dimmers the lights will stay at that intensity every day until you adjust them again

the instruction pdf suggests drilling the hood and glueing the pots in,i didnt do this but extended the dimmer wires outside the hood as i will be fitting a flora mate controller, if you are going to fit a dawn/dusk controller it would pay you to do the same,one thing i have found with the kit is at 100% (which youll probably not use) they run really hot at least equal to the standard lights,at 90% they are barely warm to the touch,also check out your light lens if its not in great condition it blocks a fair bit of light,i got a new one from stevieT

RDrink25

Thx I have a brand new hood it will be going in. I also now have a complete stock hood that is 6 months old for sale if anyone is interested make an offer.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
New hood? That's awesome! I looked and looked for a replacement hood and no one had one at the time I needed it LOL!

I absolutely LOVE my LED!! I would do it again right now if I had to.

I want to emphasize what ausreef said about the lens being clean. You need to REALLY make it a part of your daily routine to open and wipe it down.

RDrink25

What percent should I start off with and when can you start turning it up? I know it is a long process I just dont want to do it to quickly.

ausreef

i would suggest 50%,i started at about 70% and bleached the edges of my scollys i am turning mine up 10% every 2 weeks

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm probably a bit overly cautious but my bulbs were getting some age on them so I started at 25% (and they seemed SOOO bright at that LOL) and went up 5% every week. There were a few weeks I forgot etc but I'm just now up to 75% LOL!

I have a lighting schedule log I keep so I know where I was for times when I'm tinkering with my controller. Just in case :D

RDrink25

Before

photo22.jpg

After at 40%

photo13-2.jpg