LED Strip between T5s

MCDM

Hi guys, looking to add a blue LED strip to run in between my T5s to give an added boost to the dismal moon lights.

I used to have an ecoxotic stunner strip but it didn't last long. Looking at the 12 inch TrueLumen Pro LED Deepwater blue.

Thoughts on this? Thanks

DaveK

You could add it to make the tank look cool, but it's not going to do much else. Checking it out, there are 9.1 watts from 72 diodes. This is nothing, only about 1/8 watt diodes. A typical reef LED fixture would use 3 watt to 5 watt diodes and so 2 or 3 of these diodes would put out as much as the entire strip your looking at.

I'd say save your money here and put it toward a LED upgrade that is really going to do some good. A Steve's LED upgrade for a 130D is about $350 verses about $64 for the TrueLumen Pro LED, Yes, it's a lot more expensive, but it would give you some greatly improved light.

Danreef

Hi guys, looking to add a blue LED strip to run in between my T5s to give an added boost to the dismal moon lights.

I used to have an ecoxotic stunner strip but it didn't last long. Looking at the 12 inch TrueLumen Pro LED Deepwater blue.

Thoughts on this? Thanks

As moonlights that TrueLumen Pro LED is Toooo much. That strip is designed to grow corals, not to boost moonlights. I have those in my 14 G tank.

Last edited:

MCDM

Plan was to have it run for a couple of hours in between the T5s and the moon lights. Love the way it makes the colours pop on corals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danreef

Plan was to have it run for a couple of hours in between the T5s and the moon lights. Love the way it makes the colours pop on corals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 3 Trulument Pro LED strip 24" in my hood for sunrise and sunset. They stay ON all day. Look my thread. I replaced the 2 36" strips for 2 24".

I have a aquar aqua blue led strip in my 250 for between t5 and moon light and love it. I'll see if I can find a link to one and upload a pic!

Here's a pic. Much better at night. Everything's still sleeping ;)

Attachments

• 1451888355897-344949785.jpg
    1451888355897-344949785.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Here's a link payed a bit more for mine as bought it in a shop. But stuck it between the 6 t5's and very happy with it. Good luck