led module?

sz1

can I use this kind of led module for nano reef ?
10W Super Actinic 5xCool White 10000K 4xRoyal blue Hybrid LED Light

reefer gladness

Link? When I google that unit description I'm only coming up with an LED star which is just one component of an LED lighting system.

Size of the tank and your goals will be helpful also. There are much better options available but if you're after a budget build for a tiny tank and you're okay with that 10k color temp over your corals it could be made to work.

Creekview

I've built several fixtures using those LEDs. I use a surplus PC power supply and a $6 PWM dimmer off ebay. You need some electrical skills (soldering, wiring). For heat sink, 1x2" 1/8" wall rectangular aluminum tube.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi sz1

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

sz1

thanks for the fast answers
I want to build 8-9 g
30*40*30 cm tank
I can post links because i'm new in here
they also have 14k and 20 k uv and other color.
creeckview can u send me the ebay link?

sz1

do I need to use uv red and green ?
I see some that contain hybrid green /royal blue
red/blue and uv/royal blue
or its to much ?

Creekview

and how many drivers I need to buy ?

For 12v LEDs, which the 10w are, I use a surplus Personal Computer power supply. They have a regulated 12v output, and are usually really cheap, if not free. How many drivers you need depends on the load in milliamperes the driver can support. First, you need to determine how many LEDs. I run 2 on my 5 gallon nano. You also don't really need green or UV. Red only if you want lots of algae in the tank. How big is your tank?

Creekview

The higher the kelvin, the bluer it will look. You have 7 US gallons. Four 10w LEDs is almost too much. Again, I'd forget the red and greens. A 10w red will grow too much algae in the tank.

sz1

I d'ont want it to much blue
so I think I use
1.hybrid of 10k+royal blue 5+4
2.hybrid of 14k+royal blue 6+3
3.recommendation ?

if I use 3w or 1w from red uv and green ?
I ask this because all of the Commercial light fixture include it .
a little algae is good for the Invertebrates :)

Creekview

I'd use one hybrid LED and one or two 10000k single color. Throwing in 1w or 3w LEDs are going to require a different wiring setup as they are typically 2-3v, not 12.

sz1

if I use all 3w - 12 led
5 royal blue
4 12000k or 10000k
1 uv
1 red
1 cyan
is this ok ?