LED lights

fish freak

I was hoping to purchase a RSM in the next couple of weeks, however I keep thinking I should wait until RSM come out with a new marine tank with the LED lights, but how long is a piece of string how long will the wait be.

At least if I wait I can keep reading threads and hopefully will have a good idea on how to set up.
what a poser :closed:

Snid

RSM debuted the new E-Series Rimless with LEDs at InterZoo, so it will probably be within a year. Perhaps one of the RSM peeps on the RSM forums can answer.

DaveK

Here is my take on any choice like this, where you can buy now or wait for the "new and improved" version.

Unless the new version is going to be many times better, and is unlikely to have problems, if your in the market, get it now.

In this specific case the choice is between LED lighting and T5 lighting. While LED lighting is the latest and greatest lighting out there, T5 is far from poor lighting. Also, we are talking about an all in one system. This means that the manufacturer has to make choices between features and cost of the system. Sure it would be great to have lighting such as you get from EcoTech or AI on the system, but it would add a massive amount to costs and selling price.

You also can have problems with new products. They sometimes have issues. Over all I consider all this to be more or less a wash. If your in no hurry you can wait, but you'll hardly go wrong getting it tomorrow with it's current lighting. Some people might wait so they can pick up the old system at a bargain price. All depends on how much you want to spend, and what you want out of the system.

Lastly, keep in mind that this hobby changes fast, so the system that gets you all the bragging rights for the moment, can become "last years model" very fast.