Lawnmower Blenny - hiding?

I just got one this weekend along with a small clownfish. These were my first two fish that I have added. The clown is really small and I tried to get the smallest lawnmower blenny that the guy could catch. He was small, but not too small. After 2 days my ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are still 0. The little clown is swimming all over and eating pellet and fresh food.

My problem is after the first day, I can't find the blenny. I figured he was just hiding, but I still can't find him. I have a 34g tank so its pretty small. I did create all kinds of open space between my rocks so he could be in there somewhere. Any way of knowing he isn't dead? The ammonia is still 0 and I don't want to remove all the rocks looking for him.

suggestions?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I lost a goby in my 12g and never DID find him or see an ammonia spike. It's possible it's just stressing over the move.

have you checked any "chambers" you may have in the back?

I lost a goby in my 12g and never DID find him or see an ammonia spike. It's possible it's just stressing over the move.

have you checked any "chambers" you may have in the back?

I looked the best I can in the tank and can't see him. I will look harder in the sump area tomorrow. Its a Red Sea Max 34g tank and thus it is possibly that he might have gone back there. Being a new tank and the first two fish that I have added I figured I would see a spike if he died so at least no spike yet.

slysock

i would make sure theres a covering on your tank. i almost lost mine last night during the Oscars. it jumped out. but i found it about 30 seconds later flapping around behind my counter, i thought he was dead this morning in my tank.

i would make sure theres a covering on your tank. i almost lost mine last night during the Oscars. it jumped out. but i found it about 30 seconds later flapping around behind my counter, i thought he was dead this morning in my tank.

fully enclosed, but he might be able to jump into the refuge on the back of the tank - I need to dismantle the hood and look today.

thanks

Tru2nr

mine when i first got him hid for about 4days and when they are almost the same color of the rock its very easy to miss them and then it took him to get to the almost starving point to start eating now a days he eats real good and he chills on my algae magnet or my vegi clip if hes not eating