Korolia running in reverse

BobBursek

I have 3 #2s, and 3 #1s in my tank and for there performance, customer service and cost I love them. I have had them now for about 3 years so they are the older models. Yes they shutter and shake when started and sometimes jam and need a push to get going. So when I have to shut them off I always check to make sure the are running. Well about 3 weeks ago I shut them off, and when I restarted them took a look and all the propellers were turning, but after awhile I noticed 1 that I have set to angle up breaks the surface tention and gives the riple effect was not doing its job and even though the prop was turning I figured it is time for a cleaning, well one way I watch my flow in my tank is a over feeding of Mysis shrimp and watch how they flow around the tank. That Karolia was not moveing anything even though the prop was turning, YES in REVERSE, just needed a stop and go to get it pushing!!!! All this is FYI.

BobBursek

Ya, tried that just kept going in reverse, suck my finger in it to stop it under power then it reversed itself into forward.

1Reefer

Odd stuff... good to know though.

Kind of off topic, but same subject lol... can I just soak my koralias in vinigar water solution? Pump, prop plastic and all? Not the cord of course :)

BobBursek

Sure, I have a 5 gallon bucket that I use Muriatic acid and water and run my PH in and pumps and then clean off gunk with a small brush. Vinagar will work also, 1-2 gal with 2-3gallons water. Safer to use but I am familar with working with Muriatic acid.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Bob, have you tried switching around the impellers? You may have put #1 impeller in #2 pump when cleaning in the past. Strange that the magnetic field would change otherwise.

BobBursek

Frankie,
no it is the right one, the impellers are color coded for there size and the shaft is longer on a 2 then a 1, now 2&3 have the same shaft length but 3's have a white impeller, where 2's are green. Thanks for the thought.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry I have no further information Bob. I have not encountered this problem yet. Something tells me PaulB would have the answer for you. Try giving him a PM. He is an extremely intelligent person that knows about stuff like this. I am sure boomer would know the answer why this happened but it's time to give others a chance at sharing there knowledge. ;)