Kind of worried

adamrpostjr

So I was looking at my tank and I noticed something I didn't put in there and I'm hoping it's not what I think it is!
How do I identify aptiasia. I don't wanna kill it unless that's what it is
20140922_205437.jpg

It's white and doesn't look like aptaisa at least from what I seen of aptaisa

adamrpostjr

So I was doing some research on the cornyactis anemone and it says that they have balls on the end of the tenticals and the thing that I have has a flat white polyp, lots of small tenticals type things around it pointing stright out to the side so I did the anemone or polyp test to see if it would suck in or close on itself... At first it closed on itself and I was relived and looked away when I looked back it sucked itself up so I must have a hybrid anemone polyp I'm not sure what do you guys think

sirrealism

Ok first of all relax. Even if its an aiptasia its just one. I have a couple in a couple different tanks and as long as they dont start multiplying its no big deal. Just wait it out and see. Now if next week you see 3 right in that spot well then its time to do something but if your not feeding them they dont spread fast like your worried. I have a couple in my 93 cube and one is on my 13" long clam. Its been there for years. It does nothing, hurts nothing, and bothers no one. It looks like yours is on a bare rock so worst case is you pull the rock and give it a vinegar bath. but your far away from that.