Kids and the Ocean (broad topic here)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sort of off-topic but not really... read on!!

Last night Julie and I bought a new game for our Wii called "Endless Ocean". I first thought "Yeah this is going to be silly but I'll give it a shot since it's not too expensive... who knows.. I may like it."

Well it's a little silly at first but when you go under-water scuba diving and if you're "Nice" to the fish they will tell you more about themselves. As you're swimming along if you pet/feed them they give you details about themselves. Names etc. I was fascinated as I swam along and recognized MANY of the fish we have in our tanks.

As I mentioned it's kind of "corny/silly" in some ways but what a pleasure it is to see something for the gaming console that's "Kind" and almost "Environmental" as opposed to robbing, beating and killing (and so much more BAD things).

So if you have or are getting a Wii for your family try out this "Kind" game and try something new. Who knows... maybe you'll learn something along with your kids :D

Here's a YouTube "Trailer" for the game
YouTube - Endless Ocean Trailer E3 2007(Wii)

nikkipigtails

Re: Kids and the OCean (braod topic here)

The guy we bought our acrylic tank from had one. His kids were playing it when we got there and they were so excited to tell me about all the fish and show me where they could dive to. It was actually really cool.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

The guy we bought our acrylic tank from had one. His kids were playing it when we got there and they were so excited to tell me about all the fish and show me where they could dive to. It was actually really cool.

That's AWESOME to hear Nikki :) Glad it wasn't just ME who's the kid and loved it! I'm thinking about going home at lunch to "Dive" some more :)

yungreefer2410 said:
well tiger woods and call of duty world at war are top on my list
To each their own.

nikkipigtails

That's AWESOME to hear Nikki :) Glad it wasn't just ME who's the kid and loved it! I'm thinking about going home at lunch to "Dive" some more :)

Yeah, the girl was 9 and the boy was 6...

So, Al, are you 9 or 6?

lol

j/k

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
LOL! I'll have to plead the "5th" on that one!!

Maybe I'm one of those at heart :D or heck BOTH of them :)

Ratpack

Thanks for the review, I may have to pick that up. I am sure my kids would love to dive with the fish, heck they want to get into the tank now and play with them.;)

michael_cb_125

I am not into video games. I cant just sit there for hours on end playing with the TV. :) Actually I cant sit there for 5 minutes and play. I am not hyper active or anything, but I like being outside. When I have kids I hope that they will have the same love and appreciation of nature and the outdoors as I do. But if they "must" sit indoors and play video games, I hope they would enjoy one such as this. At least the game is kinda like being outside.

I just dont understand some of the games that they have out. "I bet I can kill you before you kill me" Some of them are just way over the top. I do not think that Video Games are to blame for juvenile delinquencey, but I do think they are to blame for obesity :).

Whoa...sorry to get of topic.

But cool game BigAl, I would play it...If I had a Wii
~Michael

yungreefer2410

actually if video game systems continue advancing like the wii it will be easier to go outside and through the football. you can get a good workout playing wii fit wii tennis an wii boxing. even golf

rmlevasseur

You just didn't finish the game Al. On level 50 Dirk McDirth takes on the sharks kung-fu style! Take that fishy!