Kevin's little 5 gallon pico

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Acan obtained yesterday has started to open up today :)

9443101616_19bf6082f9_b.jpg

Transferred the last big piece of zoas from my 80 gal

9441013147_41f4737ea5_h.jpg

Sideview

9441017037_6b228761a3_b.jpg

Now to sit back and let it grow for a few years LOL

Last edited:

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Well as luck would have it, my colleague dug up his unused Johnlen Tec Chiller with built-in thermostat and gave it to me today. Fixed it up and removed all my fans which made my tank dead silent now.

Pros of using this chiller, better temperature stability, silent, extra flow from the return and no more cyborg looking fans on top of tank. Cons are additional powerhead needed and hoses.

9448001223_a8dd39d10e_b.jpg

Last edited:

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Feeding the acans with a mixture of Brightwell Zooplanktos-M and H2Ocean LPS food mix.

9471216706_ed330c28b2_b.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Nice shot mate :) Acans are certainly some of the more interesting corals to watch feeding IMO :)

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Nice shot mate :) Acans are certainly some of the more interesting corals to watch feeding IMO :)

Thanks mate :) yea they react very quickly to food stimulus and will open up nice and big.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Finally had some free time today to put together a video. hope you all like it :)

[video=youtube;458VMEJ15m4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=458VMEJ15m4[/video]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
YOU DID GOOD KEVIN! Awesome video, happy little zoas & beautiful dottyback :thumber:

Thanks for sharing your success so far!

I was sitting here thinking that maybe i want to get a small tank for my desk at work and have it as one big acan rock. Then i thought to myself no I should wait for a sign if its the right thing to do.

Well here is my sign haha thanks kevin, its only money right ;]

ReefingFun

Just thought I'd share how your aquarium can be nice somewhere else as well!

Gf's little cousin is over to stay the weekend with us, so we decided to make him comfortable in the guestroom :)

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
YOU DID GOOD KEVIN! Awesome video, happy little zoas & beautiful dottyback :thumber:

Thanks for sharing your success so far!

Thanks Diana :)

I was sitting here thinking that maybe i want to get a small tank for my desk at work and have it as one big acan rock. Then i thought to myself no I should wait for a sign if its the right thing to do.

Well here is my sign haha thanks kevin, its only money right ;]

Thanks SenseiSays. You're sure gonna have fun building yours :)

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Just thought I'd share how your aquarium can be nice somewhere else as well!

Gf's little cousin is over to stay the weekend with us, so we decided to make him comfortable in the guestroom :)

haha good one buddy :)

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
just found your thread - your pictures are the best I have seen on here - beautiful tank!!

You're too kind mate. I'm in the process of drafting out a photography 101+ editing that I will be posting up soon :)